Saturday, March 22, 2008

She's Here!!!

Baby girl has arrived! I think she's the cutest thing ever, but I'm sure all moms think that.


She weighed 6 lbs, 5.5oz, and was 19.5 inches tall. She's tiny! She is swimming in her newborn clothes, so I'm glad I got a few newborn sized things (some people advised just to let her wear big 0-3 mo clothes...but I think they would just fall off). I need a few premie hats, since her little hats just fall off - they are way, way too big. She is a huge snuggle bug, and is most content snuggled up with someone.

What a blessing during Holy week. She is such a great miracle and gift from God. After all of the drama about my preeclampsia, I was blessed to be able to deliver naturally at our birth center. It all went very quickly... I started labor at about 10pm at home, had a handful of contractions that were 10 minutes apart, then they immediately went to 4 minutes apart. We got to the birth center at about 2am and they were 2 minutes apart. She was born at 6am on the dot. Ha - her punctuality did not come from her parents! I'll post the full birth story later. For now, we're just working on learning to eat. It's been more difficult than I anticipated. I'm so thankful hubs is here to help - he is having to help me feed her more than I thought he would. I'm doing fine, but Snuggle Bug would rather snuggle and sleep.

Praise God for his merciful love.

6 comments:

Reformed Grits said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I had hoped the "silence" on your end indicated good news!!!
She is beautiful!!!

Selima said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl. She is adorable! What is her name?

udandi said...

Congratulations, she's beautiful!

jaimetownzen@hotmail.com said...

Kellie, I just found out from some folks at RRC about your wonderful news. I had to have them send me your blog info so that I could tell you myself--Congratulations! She is gorgeous. Danielle was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and seemed tiny, so I can only imagine what your little girl feels like in your arms. On Good Friday Dani turned one, and already she is wearing 18-24 mo. and 2T clothes. I pray for your sake your little girl stays a baby longer than mine did! God bless you and your beautiful family.

kel said...

Thanks all!

Selima - I probably won't be posting her name on this blog... my hubby is a huge privacy guy, and that's just too much.

Either way, her most common name right now is Little Bean. =)

Christine said...

Hi Kel! It has been a while since I have been blessed to visit your blog! My little one turned one, today! I am so elated that you were able to have the birth that you wanted. She is the sweetest little doll! Enjoy every minute with her! Blessings, dear friend